Updated July 14, 2017
City of Farmington Hills Major Road Projects
11 Mile Road Rehabilitation, Orchard Lake Road to Middlebelt Road
This project is well underway. 11 Mile Road will be closed to thru traffic for the duration of the project. A detour route directing traffic to 10 Mile Road has been posted. This project is scheduled to be substantially completed and open to traffic by mid-August.
13 Mile Road Rehabilitation, Halsted Road to Drake Road
Reconstruction of this roadway is well underway. 13 Mile Road is closed to thru traffic. Local access will be maintained in an eastbound direction only. Access into the construction zone will be maintained only from Halsted Road and all traffic will exit via Drake Road. This project is scheduled to be substantially completed and open to traffic by mid-August.
Drake Road Rehabilitation, 12 Mile Road to 13 Mile Road
This paving project is substantially complete. Some day time lane closures under flag control may be required to finish restoration and finish placement of the shoulder material.
Country Club Drive, Haggerty Road to 12 Mile Road
Reconstruction of this roadway is well underway. Local traffic will be maintained in one direction only. Currently, access to Country Club Drive is being maintained only from 12 Mile Road and all traffic will be required to exit to Haggerty Road. This project is scheduled to be substantially completed and open to traffic by September 1, 2017.
To receive emails from the City regarding road construction projects, join the Road Construction Mailing List.
12 Mile Concrete Repair Project (Haggerty Road to Farmington Road)
This concrete repair project is expected to begin in mid to late August. Updates will be forthcoming as more information becomes available.
For information about Road Commission for Oakland County Projects, visit the RCOC website at http://www.rcocweb.org, and then check press releases and/or the real time traffic map.
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT)
Grand River Avenue, Sinacola to Purdue
There will be nightly lane closures July 14, 15, 16 along Grand River Avenue from M-5 to Shiawassee to accommodate paving operations. Traffic may be reduced to one lane in each direction from 8 PM to 5 AM.
Westbound Grand River from Colgate Street (the M-5 Split) to Grove Street will be closed July 18, 2017 from 8 PM to 5 AM, Detour Route: West on M-5 to Freedom Road to Grand River.
Eastbound Grand River from Grove Street to M-5 will be closed July 19, 2017 from 8 PM to 5 AM, Detour Route: South on Farmington Road to east on 9 Mile Road to M-5 to Grand River
Detailed closure locations and dates for MDOT projects can be found by visiting
http://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/ then clicking on Construction Search.
Construction Projects Scheduled for 2017
- 13 Mile Road, Halsted Road to Drake Road – Reconstruction
- 11 Mile Road, Middlebelt Road to Orchard Lake Road – Reconstruction
- Drake Road, 12 Mile Road to 13 Mile Road – Resurfacing
- Independence Commons Subdivision, concrete roadways – Rehabilitation
- Country Club Drive – Road reconstruction
- 12 Mile, Haggerty Road to Farmington Road, full depth concrete – Selective slab replacement and joint repair (RCOC)
- M5, 12 Mile Road to Pontiac Trail – Concrete repair work (MDOT)
- Grand River, Sinacola to Purdue – Pavement rehabilitation, storm sewer repairs, and road diet in City of Farmington (MDOT)
- 11 Mile Road – Complete missing sidewalk segments between Orchard Lake Road and Middlebelt (south side)
- Middlebelt Road – South of 10 Mile Road on west side