47th District Court
31605 W. Eleven Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
The 47th Judicial District Court is a limited jurisdiction court serving the cities of Farmington and Farmington Hills. The Court has jurisdiction over criminal misdemeanors, civil cases in which the amount in dispute is $25,000 or less, parking violations, traffic violations and other civil infractions, landlord-tenant disputes, and small claims matters. In addition, the Court has initial jurisdiction on criminal felony cases for the purpose of determining probable cause.
47th District Court - Updated Building Re-Opening Plan
The 47th District Court shall fully re-open to the public on Monday, June 28, 2021. Due to staffing, until August 1, 2021, the Court shall be open for in-person service for standard hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) Monday through Friday, except for 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. daily. The Court shall re-open for lunch hour beginning on August 1.
The Court may schedule preliminary examinations and bench trials, as well as certain other hearings requiring direct testimony, as in-person events. Other case events shall continue to be scheduled for remote hearings via Zoom.
All traffic hearings shall continue as remote case events via Zoom.
Until further notice, small claim hearings shall continue as remote events.
Appointments with probation officers shall continue as remote events via Zoom.
A mask covering mouth and nose shall continue to be required in the courtroom of Judge Marla Parker.
Face coverings shall not be required for building entry or in other parts of the facility.
Face coverings continue to be encouraged for anyone entering the building that has not been vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus.
COVID-19 Update from the 47th District Court
IN ACCORDANCE WITH MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 2020-14 THE 47TH DISTRICT COURT IS IN THE MIDST OF A FOUR (4) PHASE PROCESS TO ULTIMATELY RETURN TO FULL CAPACITY. DURING THE CURRENT PHASE,
THE 47TH DISTRICT IS OPEN FOR WALK-IN BUSINESS
The following operational practices shall apply during the continued period of closure:
- The Court will remain operational during regular business hours to conduct court services and all case events that can be conducted through video conferencing technology. This includes virtually all types of case events. Go to: https://zoom.us/ and select join a meeting. Enter the meeting id to join the meeting.
- Court phone lines will remain open during regular business hours. Main number: (248) 871-2900.
- If you have an outstanding bench warrant you are seeking to resolve, contact the Court by phone at (248) 871-2900, and select option 7 from the menu.
- Online payments may be made USING THE OAKLAND COUNTY G2G SYSTEM by clicking here.
Standard transaction service fees will apply on all online payments made on or after Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
- The Court shall accept filings during this period as follows:
- Filings not requiring a filing fee or other payment may be made by FAX to (248) 871-2901.
- All other filings should be made by mail. If you wish to file electronically and make payment using the G2G online payment system, please first contact the Civil Division of the Clerk's Office at (248) 871-2900, menu option 6. Any other questions on filings should also be directed to the Civil Division.
- Requests for emergency consideration shall be accepted by FAX (248) 871-2901 or by email to email@example.com. Any submitted request must include an explanation of why the matter should be considered an emergency and a return contact number and email address. The judges will review requests and approve them at their discretion.
- Probation appointments shall continue to be conducted by telephone. Probationers should contact their probation officer for further instruction.
Court hearings will be live streamed on YouTube.
Click the Courtroom to be directed to the live stream.
47th District Court Courtroom 1
47th District Court Courtroom 2
For updated information of this rapidly changing situation, please consult the Court’s website. Also, information will be available on the 47th District Court Facebook.
Online Payments for Traffic, Criminal or Probation
Within 14 days of the date the ticket was issued click here.
If it is 15 or more days after the date the ticket was issued click here.
Any ticket issued by Michigan State Police (MSP) must be processed using the 15 or more days link.
If after 14 days, call the Court at 248-871-2920 to confirm the amount due as late fees may apply.
47th Judicial District Court Judges and Magistrates
Judge James B. Brady
Judge Marla E. Parker
Magistrate Brandy Hart
Magistrate Matthew Friedrich
Magistrate Michael Sawicky
Screening Policy All individuals entering the courthouse must proceed through security screening. CAMERA CELL PHONES ARE PROHIBITED IN THE COURTHOUSE AND MUST BE LEFT IN YOUR VEHICLE. For security reasons, no liquids – including coffee and water bottles – are allowed to be brought into the courthouse.