COVID-19 Update – 4-9-21
Oakland County health officials stress that everyone still needs to take precautions, especially if you are not yet fully vaccinated. Until we know more about how vaccines affect the spread of COVID-19, wear a mask in public places, stay six feet apart from others, avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, follow travel recommendations, and watch for symptoms of COVID-19.
Vaccinated Person Domestic Travel Guidelines Updated by the CDC
The CDC recommends that you delay travel until you are fully vaccinated, because travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States.
- During Travel
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least six feet from anyone not traveling with you.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- After Travel
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
For the latest information about vaccine availability, register your email address at https://oaklandcountyvaccine.com/ or text OAKGOV COVID to 468311 to receive the Oakland County COVID-19 Vaccination Newsletter.
All Latest News ...