The Finance Department at City Hall accepts passport applications by appointment only from 8:30am to 12:00pm, Monday through Friday. We are a passport acceptance facility; we do not issue passports.
Visit www.travel.state.gov for other passport acceptance facility locations and times, to obtain application forms, and to find answers to questions regarding Passport Applications.
NOTE: We CANNOT process passport RENEWAL of a 10-year ADULT passport that was issued less than 15 years ago. These must be prepared and mailed by the applicant. Visit www.travel.state.gov for the correct form to use and renewal instructions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A U.S. PASSPORT BOOK OR PASSPORT CARD
(For in-depth information, visit www.travel.state.gov
or call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7993.)
- Completed application. Do not sign until you are asked to do so. Application must be completed in BLACK INK only; corrections or white-out are not allowed. Passport applications can be obtained at the City’s Finance Department or at www.travel.state.gov.
- Valid driver’s license or state ID. If your ID is from out-of-state, a second form of ID is required. If the applicant is under 16, the ID will be from the parents; both parents and the child must be present. Applicants who are 16 & 17 only need one parent with them.
- Proof of citizenship:
- An ORIGINAL birth certificate with raised seal and filing date. The filing date must be within one year of birth. It should state the date filed or date received by the local registrar and must include both parents’ names. Hospital issued certificates are not acceptable.
- A previous U.S. passport. If the applicant is under 16 years old and has a previous U.S. passport, they are required to submit their original birth certificate in addition to the passport.
- An original Certificate of Naturalization. If the child is claiming citizenship under a naturalized parent, the child’s green card must also be provided. ORIGINAL PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION AND WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
- One passport photo (2” x 2”, white background, no glasses). The City of Farmington Hills does not take passport photos.
- Each application must have a separate check or money order made payable to the “U.S. Department of State”. See fee chart below or visit www.travel.state.gov for current fees.
- Each application will require a $35 acceptance/execution fee paid to the City of Farmington Hills in cash, check or money order made payable to “City of Farmington Hills”, or debit card (fee). For Expedited processing, there will be an additional fee for overnight postage, $26.95.
FEES to The U.S. Dept of STATE
FOR U.S. PASSPORT BOOK:
(Necessary for travel by air.)
- $130 Passport Processing Fee – 16 years of age or older (valid for 10 years).
- $100 Passport Processing Fee – 15 years of age or younger (valid for 5 years).
FOR U.S. PASSPORT CARD:
(Valid for travel by land or sea between U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean ONLY.)
- $30 Passport Processing Fee – 16 years of age or older (valid for 10 years).
- $15 Passport Processing Fee – 15 years of age or younger (valid for 5 years).
FOR EXPEDITED PROCESSING:
- Additional $60.00 plus the fee for overnight delivery return service ($18.32).
For more information, visit www.travel.state.gov or contact the Finance Department at (248) 871-2449.