Listed below are 47th District Court Employment Opportunities. Click here for all other Employment Opportunities.
47th District Court Employment Application
47th District Court Employment Opportunities
Position Title: Deputy Court Clerk – Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $36,810 - $47,888 (commensurate with experience)
(full benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, defined benefit pension plan, paid time off for sick and vacation days)
Under the direction of court administration and the senior clerk supervisor, a deputy clerk is responsible for a variety of key clerical functions related to the processing of court cases, which may include: processing mail, receiving/filing papers/pleadings, processing electronic filings, preparing and maintaining court files (paper and electronic), managing court calendars, assisting with case scheduling, preparing court correspondence, documents, and notices, entering case events into a case management system, computer/data entry, processing payments (in person, by phone, electronically), interacting with the public by phone, electronically, and in person, and completing other duties as assigned.
Requirements of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, such that the applicant can effectively and professionally communicate with court personnel, justice system partners, all court users, and members of the public.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under time constraints/pressures, while often facing distractions and disruptions.
- Attention to detail and pride of ownership regarding assigned projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently, but also to work well with others and to collaborate when necessary.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer along with various programs including Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Possession of a high school diploma is a minimum requirement. An associate degree or bachelor’s degree is preferred. A minimum of (2) years of clerical experience in a court setting preferred. Clerk experience in traffic, criminal, and/or civil desired
. JIS experience preferred. Supervisory experience desired.
The 47th District Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer